Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Works for me Wednesday- The Cookie Scoop

We're leaving at 8 am tomorrow morning for an impromptu trip to Southern California. So I should be packing right now. Instead I am baking cookies, because I am a big fan of denial... That's right my friend, it's not just a river in Egypt anymore...

Honestly, it's unusual that I bake at all, but when I do- I usually make cookies. And when I make cookies this tool is my best friend-



It's the medium sized Pampered Chef scoop. It makes a nice size cookie- but the best part is this there is no fighting over who gets which cookie because they are all exactly the same size! Brilliant!

The cookie scoop works for me. Now head on over to Shannon's for more Works For Me Wednesday tricks and tips! And as a bonus here is the recipe for the cookies that I am making today, compliments of cooks.com...

Favorite Molasses Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
2 eggs lightly beaten
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
extra sugar for coating cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Beat in molasses and eggs. In separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. Gradually add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar. Bake for 13 minutes. Removed baked cookies from oven and cool on wire rack.

Enjoy!

LeeAnn

3 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

I have this Pampered Chef scoop (and the small one too) and I use it when I bake cookies as well! :)

Thanks for your molasses cookie recipe. I'll have to try it.

Have a fun trip to So. Cal.!

ames said...

I've been meaning to get one of these for my more crumbly cookie doughs, this just reminded me! They're also useful for meatballs and melons...or ice cream :)

GeonHui's Bakery said...

I love my Pampered Chef scoop as well! Those cookies look great! Thanks for the recipe.