Monday, September 1, 2008

In honor of LABOR Day...

In honor of Labor Day, Shannon is hosting a Labor Day meme over at Rocks in Her Dryer... I'm a little late to the party, since I just returned from 4 days and 3 nights of camping. But, I'll just jump in anyway!

How long were your labors?
Teenage Son- probably light labor for a couple of days before I discovered that I was actually in labor. He was born a couple of hours later.
Teenage Daughter- 20 hours of light labor. Then the pitocin started and she was born 10 hours later with 40 minutes of pushing.
Young Son- 12 hours of VERY light labor, 1 hour of hard labor, 20 minutes pushing. The ironic part is that at 9lbs 3 oz, he was my biggest baby (by 3 lbs!) but was by far the easiest delivery.

How did you know you were in labor?
Teenage Son- I didn't. At 38 weeks I felt 'funny' and my back hurt so I called my doctor and made an appointment to be checked. He sent me straight to the hospital since I was dilated to 5 and Teenage Son had moved into a transverse breech position.
Teenage Daughter- Water broke at 38 weeks.
Young Son- Mid-morning, two days after my due date I started having light contractions.

Where did you deliver?
Teenage Son- El Camino Hospital
Teenage Daughter- Los Gatos Community Hospital
Young Son- Los Gatos Community Hospital

Drugs?
Teenage Son-
See next question!
Teenage Daughter- One dose of Stadol, I refused a 2nd dose because I didn't like the way it made me feel...
Young Son- No

C-section?
Teenage Son-
Yes, due to a transverse lie breech position .
Teenage Daughter- VBAC
Young Son- VBAC

Who delivered?
Teenage Son-
OB recommended by a friend
Teenage Daughter- OB selected due to his low C-section rate (previous OB had retired)
Young Son- Same OB who delivered Teenage Daughter

LeeAnn

2 comments:

Llama Momma said...

Hey -- I remember that OB!

Doesn't that seem like another LIFE ago????

Lee said...

Thanks for checking out my WFM this week...
Sorry I don't have great advice for your question...
I'm so jealous that you got to have a VBAC. I was going to have to travel 2 1/2 hours to do that and stay away from home for up to 6 weeks over the holidays... I love the politics of C-sections.