Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Look Ma! No hands!



As you may have heard, California went 'hands free' in June. What that means is that you can no longer talk on your cell phone while holding the phone to your ear and driving at the same time. You can dial and/or text message with your phone while driving- just as long as you're not holding the phone to your ear while doing so.

I didn't say it made sense, just that it's the law.

Anyway- the new hands-free law has spawned a whole slew of folks driving around with snazzy bluetooth earpieces so that they can continue talking whilst driving. Or shopping. Or eating. Or cycling. Or a myriad of other activities that you now see Californians doing while seemingly talking to themselves in public. I however, do not own a bluetooth. I do not plan on buying a bluetooth. I do not want a bluetooth. Ten points for you if you guessed that I am not a personal fan of the bluetooth!

If you own and love a bluetooth, please know that I really don't have anything against bluetooth owners! It's just that I don't need one more piece of technology to keep track of, re-charge, and remember to bring every time I get in my car. Honestly, if I can remember to bring my phone itself, I'm doing good- let alone accessories!

Anyway.

I do, however, frequently talk on my cell phone while driving. I know it's not the safest thing to do, but lets just be honest here- I spend a lot of time in the car. A lot. And much of that time is spent solo. Frankly, I can get a lot done while I'm driving to and fro. And it never fails that as soon as I get in the car, my phone rings... So I came up with this-



Your eyes do not deceive you. What you see is, in fact, my cell phone rubber-banded to my SUV's sun visor. Turn on the speakerphone before pulling out and I'm ready to go... I know you're all impressed and perhaps even struggling to express in words the brilliancy of my solution to talking hands-free, so let me just help you. I'm sure that word you're thinking of is...

Classy!

LOL! Seriously though, talking hands-free works for me! Now head on over to Shannon's where you can find lots of really and truly useful WFMW tips and tricks!
LeeAnn

9 comments:

Jen said...

Ok, so at first I laughed (sorry) and then I thought that would cost a whole lot less than a blue tooth....good for you! I love it and I am going to try it tomorrow!

Bryce said...

I'm in, soon you'll be seeing mobiles stuck to sunvisors all over the world! Good Tip, Thanks!

Llama Momma said...

OOoh. KLASSY!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that had me laughing out loud! It's a smart fix, though, and if we move to CA next year, I may just have to do the same!

Amy said...

:) I love it! Isn't it great when the simple solutions don't cost a fortune?

You could probably patent it... get some pretty colored rubber bands and sell them for $19.95 as FrazzMom's Hand-Free Cell Phone Adapter Kit.

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. That is hands down one of the most ingenius ideas I have seen to date. Thanks for sharing!

Audra Krell said...

I can't understand the blue tooth thing, so I think your hilarious rubber band just might be the trick. I love it!

Dena said...

Ha! Love it! I'm SO going to try that!

Robyn said...

Don't you love that we can text? I needed to tell my mom something once from the car; I could have pushed one number on my phone to dial her, or spend 5 minutes staring at my phone while driving 70 mph on the freeway to text her!!
I love your idea. Better than dropping the phone in your lap to talk!