Friday, May 16, 2008

Have some Compassion...



I've mentioned before my great appreciation of the work being done around the world by Compassion International. I've been privileged to see their work firsthand in Arusha, TZ- where the above photo of Teenage Daughter and friends was taken. In addition, we sponsor a child in Dodoma. And while I have not yet had the opportunity to meet Juma, I hope to do so in the next couple of years. In the meantime we connect with him through the mail. I send him photos of our family and I keep his photo in my Bible where I see it everyday. We pray for Juma and his family and I cherish the knowledge that he prays for us as well.

Many of you were introduced to Compassion through this year's blogging trip to Uganda. Shannon and Sophie did a fantastic job of spotlighting the life-changing work that Compassion is doing there. Many of us also discovered new bloggers to add to our blog rolls during that trip. And our hearts were changed as we read the day by day accounts of their trip.

And if you haven't yet heard, Compassion is organizing another trip. Go to Compassion's site to apply to be a blogger on the trip. And while you're waiting to hear if you've been selected to go, spend some time praying about sponsoring a child. It's affordable and will truly change some one's life.

You might just be surprised to discover that the life most changed is yours...

LeeAnn

1 comment:

M. said...

Hey, I haven't seen this pic before. Would you send me a copy? I'd like for the office.
Love, M.