Tuesday, April 1, 2008

All hail the frou frou berry!

In honor of the arrival of Spring, I decided to bake a frou frou berry pie today. What? You say you've never heard of frou frou berries? Well, that's because the little known frou frou berry, bright pink in color, only grows here in the Silicon Valley...



Oh, OK... There is no such thing as the Silicon Valley frou frou berry. What I actually made for dinner was a shepherds pie in disguise. It's an April Fools tradition in our home to have a silly dinner. Last year I made meatloaf cupcakes for dinner and a cocoa crispy meatloaf for dessert- all recipes that I found here.

Of course if you have pie for dinner, you have to have hamburgers for dessert right? So for dessert we made mini-hamburgers using Nilla Wafers, mint cookies, and colored frosting (red and yellow for ketchup and mustard).



Guess we'll find out if my kids are sensitive to food dye won't we? I sure hope not, or it could end up that the April Fools prank is on me!


LeeAnn

1 comment:

Llama Momma said...

These are so fun!!! My boys would go wild for this...