Sunday, March 2, 2008

Yosemite or bust!

This morning Teenage Daughter, along with 349 of her classmates, boarded a charter bus bound for Yosemite where they will be spending 5 days hiking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and generally avoiding any type of book learnin'. Of course, being the completely dedicated blogger (and mother!) that I am- I totally forgot my camera and had to resort to using my cell phone to document the event...

So here is Teenage Daughter herself... Doesn't she look devastated to be leaving her beloved family (especially her brothers!) for a week?


And these are the world's most expensive hiking boots ever! I won't even tell you how much they cost. Oh no- you can't make me! Nothing that you say will make me tell! I'm putting my fingers in my ears so that I can't hear you! La La La La La La La!



Oh, OK- you wore me down. Brace yourself. Ready? THEY WERE $120.00! No that is not a typo- one hundred and twenty US dollars!!! I don't even have any shoes that cost that much! I hope her feet are finished growing because she's going to be wearing those boots on every camping trip we go on for the next 5 years or so!

And last, but not least, here are the buses preparing to pull out...


Have a great trip, Teenage Daughter! We'll miss your quite, unassuming personality here at home...



LeeAnn

1 comment:

John-Michael said...

This was SO MUCH fun. How I do enjoy your marvelous spirit. and your daughter is WAY beyond adorable. (your forgetting the camera just endeared you to me more!)