Saturday, March 1, 2008

I take thee to be my wedded wife. And thee... And thee... And thee...



Before you start to think that I'm promoting polygamy- let me explain this post's title by saying that last night my friend, L, and I went to a late showing of The Other Boleyn Girl. Now before I go on, let me just preface this by saying that I have not read the book, but I did really enjoy the film. It was beautifully filmed and the costumes were spectacular. I don't usually go for the historical genre in movies unless I have an interest in that particular time period, but this was a definite exception.

The only bad thing was that I came home from the movie at 12:30 am (way past this almost-39-year-old's bedtime) and then had to Google Henry VIII and Ann Boleyn before I could go to sleep to see how much of the movie was historically accurate. Of course once I started reading, I just kept clicking more links to read more and before I knew it, it was 2 am! Fortunately, I didn't have to be up too early- so I was able to sleep in until 8:30 or so...

But now it's all catching up with me, so I think it's off to bed for this mom- lest I be really frazzled tomorrow!

LeeAnn


PS- Warning the movie is rated PG-13 for a reason! Teenage Daughter asked me if I would take her to see it, but I think it's a little mature for a middle school-er. Maybe in a couple of years...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You HAVE to read the book - it's beautiful! I haven't seen the movie but I LOVED the book.

John-Michael said...

That clever ol history bug gonna git ya! And when it does, expect many more late night ventures into the amazing worlds of our past. It was fun hearing your account of it all. Thank you.