Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WFMW- Quick Change Crib Sheets


My kids are totally older now, but this was my favorite tip from when I had babies. I first heard it from a sales person at my favorite baby furniture store... I don't know if she was just trying to sell me more sheets, but it's a great tip anyway- especially during cold and flu season.

To make middle of the night crib sheet changes easier- make the crib up with a couple of layers. So it would go waterproof pad then crib sheet then another waterproof pad and a second crib sheet (you can keep going with a third layer if you have enough bedding)...

Now if your baby or toddler soaks through a diaper or gets sick all you have to do is pull off the top layer, and you have a fresh,clean layer ready to go! It's especially great in the middle of the night during flu season!

I hope this idea works for you. For more Works For Me Wednesday tips and tricks head over to see Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.

LeeAnn

7 comments:

At A Hen's Pace said...

Great idea!! I hate the midnight scramble to locate the other mattress pad and sheet--or worse yet, when my husband does it and just puts them back down on the plastic!

--Jeanne

Karen said...

I never thought of doing that. What a great idea..just wish I'd known back when my kids were still babies! lol

Jeni said...

That's a fantastic idea!! I'll have to try that next time I change baby's sheets.

tickledpink.nicole said...

I used to do that when my kids were babies. It saved me a ton of patience when they were little!

{Karla} said...

i've always thought this idea was genius!

blessings,
Karla

Vickie said...

Lee Ann,
Thanks for visiting my blog today! We too could not live without Screenit.com! What a resource for parents!
Blessings,
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity

Julie said...

What a great idea. I wish someone had told me that.
Oh well, I can tell my kids for my grandchildren. All is not lost! : )

I found you from Missy's blog...I am new to blogging and love meeting new people.

I enjoyed reading your blog.