Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hallelujah and pass the caffeine...

Today I made a quick run to the store to pick up a couple of essentials aka something for dinner tonight and cat food. Since my local Safeway has a Starbucks inside, I decided to go there instead of the closer Lucky. After managing to find a parking space because evidently everybody and their dog went to the store en masse when the football game ended, I headed into the store and went directly to said Starbucks counter.

I placed my venti-non-fat-chai-latte-no-water drink order and punched in my Safeway Club Card number. The register rang it up at $3.40. Then it said "comp" "-$3.40". The checker looked confused then called the store manager over who said that I was getting my drink for free.

And I yelled, "Hallelujah! and Praise Jesus!" right then and there.

Well OK, I didn't... I just said "wow" and "thank you", but inside it was like "Hallelujah" all the way! Because that's just the kind of overly demonstrative person I am...

Or not.

LeeAnn

No comments: