Monday, January 14, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Yesterday our pastor preached a sermon on change. It all boiled down to the fact that change is part of life. Change is necessary for growth. If we don't continually change, both physically and ultimately spiritually, we will stagnate and die.

Here's the thing though- I don't like change. I resist change. I like to be in control. Change involves the unknown, and I'm afraid of the unknown- the unknown is out of my illusion of control... But the bottom line is that I am not in control. God is in control.

I don't want to be just swept along with the tide of change anymore- going kicking and screaming into the unknown. Instead I am choosing to embrace change, knowing that God's desire is to transform me as an agent of change for His kingdom.

And you know what? I don't know what's going to happen. But that's OK, because He does and He has promised to never leave me or forsake me.

I do know one thing- it's going to be an adventure!


LeeAnn

No comments: