Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pumpkin Surprise



This is one of my kid's favorite desserts. I usually start making it in the fall, but they love it year round. We call it pumpkin surprise- it's an easy twist on the pumpkin pie theme... And since there's no baking required, it's right up my alley!


Pumpkin Surprise



1 package vanilla instant pudding mix (6 oz)
2 cups milk
15 oz canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
whipped cream or cool whip for topping


Combine pudding mix, canned pumpkin, pie spice, and milk. Follow directions on package to mix.


Spoon pudding mixture into dessert dishes. Serve immediately or chill. (Top with whipped cream before serving.) Makes 8 servings.


Enjoy!

Check here for more WFMW posts...



Variations- Reduce pumpkin to 1/2 can for a milder flavor. Crush graham crackers and sprinkle on top for added texture.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

My husband has been begging me to make something with pumpkin. I think I can actually do this and not screw it up! LOL! Thanks!

Memarie Lane said...

I make something similar, it's even better served with slices of granny smith apples.

Mom2fur said...

My husband likes pumpkin pie, but not the crust. I definitely have to make this for him! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much.
This sounds like a great recipe.

Feel welcome to visit me at:

Laane on the World

Happy Thanksgiving!