Monday, November 12, 2007

In which I yammer on about tornadoes, witches, and one ugly mutt...


I haven't watched The Wizard of Oz in years...

I remember what a big event it was when they showed it on TV once a year when I was a kid. Those were the days before DVD or (even VHS!) when you didn't get to just watch a movie whenever the mood struck. You actually had to go to a theater and see a movie when it was released or wait for the vague possibility that it would be shown someday later on TV.

Anyway- TWOZ was showing last night on TBS, so I turned it on and discovered something that I had not realized before...I can't stand Dorothy.

Yeah, yeah, I know- sweet, lovable Dorothy.

Innocent, there's no place like home, we're off to see the wizard- Dorothy. Yadda... Yadda... Yadda...

Face it- she's a bit of a drama queen. All the crying and the constantly teary eyes, the desperate tone in her voice- maybe I just already have enough drama in my life with a 13 year old daughter, but I just couldn't take it!

I just wanted to say... You're in Oz. Your house fell on a witch. There's scary trees. Toto is the ugliest dog I've ever seen. Get over it!

I think I'll go and read this book again. I like that Dorothy a whole lot better...

No comments: