Friday, June 22, 2007

WiFi- Not!

So if you haven't figured it out already- the WiFi at Big Sur was a bust. I took my laptop down to the lodge- "no network detected". Guess that answered my question as to whether or not taking a laptop was in the spirit of camping...

Anyway- it was a whirlwind camping trip, but we had a good time. L and I got to hang out by river during the day and the fire at night. All eight kids were (mostly) well behaved and (again- mostly!) all got along... It was cold at night and my propane space heater didn't work- so we slept in lots of layers, but the days were sunny and warm. The kids swam in the river, got really dirty, played card games and board games (at our campsite and at the neighbors) and generally had a lot of fun.

This was the first time I have used the pop-up camping trailer that we bought second-hand last fall and I really liked it. It was easy to hook up and tow as well as to set up when we arrived (since we don't have husbands camping with us, I was slightly concerned as to whether or not I could handle it alone). It made all the difference to have a comfortable bed to sleep in at night. When we broke camp today, we loaded all the sleeping bags and gear in the trailer so the next trip will be even easier to pack for...

The only issue we had this year were with ground squirrels. I took pictures of the damage they caused with my film camera- so I'll get those developed and let you all see for yourselves tomorrow... (And you thought you didn't have anything exciting to look for this weekend!)

No comments: