Friday, November 16, 2007

That's how the cookie crumbles...

Yesterday was Young Son's day to bring a treat for Mr Bean's Cafe. Young Son was somehow under the impression that I was going to make a coffee cake (I may have mentioned last weekend that I might bake a coffee cake- who knew that he was actually listening?).

Anyway- Young Son was fine with taking cookies instead, and I offered him a sample cookie. Then he politely declined. When I asked him why he didn't want to eat a cookie for breakfast (Who are you and what have you done with my child?!!) he explained that they "look like poop".

I took a second look at the cookies and decided that Young Son was right- the pumpkin and whole wheat flour gave them a orange-ish/brown-ish hue and the whole groat oatmeal did look like undigested fiber. Add to that the fact that the canned pumpkin adds a certain moistness to the cookie. Not to mention the fact that they are drop cookies- and well, there you go...

However, he had no qualms about taking them to school. It seems that while he might be personally adverse to eating poop cookies- it's no problem to sell them to staff and parents at school.

Oh and by the way- I did hear that the cookies all sold. Who knows? Maybe we'll start a whole new trend?

Or not.

No comments: