Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The process of processing...


So I've officially been home for one week now. I've been thinking a lot about how to tell you about my trip, but honestly- I'm having a hard time. How do I narrow a month's worth of Africa down to a blog post or two?

Couple that with the fact that I'm having a case of the post-mission-trip-blues...

I know it's normal. And people warned me that I might feel depressed when I returned to my everyday, normal life. But it took me by surprise anyway. After all- I've been on many missions trips and have never had any problems returning home...

This, however, was the longest trip I've taken. And honestly- I was still not ready to come home... Oh sure- I was looking forward to tap water and all the other conveniences that I usually take for granted. But Tanzania has truly captured my heart. And after spending 4 weeks building a school and running malaria clinics- deciding what to cook for dinner, or what flavor of ice cream to serve for dessert just seems somewhat trivial.

So I guess I'm still processing it all... Please be patient and I promise I'll come up with some coherent thoughts for you soon!

Or at least I hope so...

LeeAnn

No comments: