Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And Wesley wins again...


You know that scene from The Princess Bride where Fezzik and 'The Man in Black' are fighting in hand to hand combat? Fezzik says that he's gotten so used to fighting mobs that he's forgotten how to fight just one man at a time- and then 'The Man in Black' AKA Wesley wins...

That's how I feel about packing right now... I haven't traveled on a domestic flight, by myself in about 5 years. I've gone overseas 4 times and traveled with all the kids to Hawaii and Florida. But, solo?

Ummmm.... That would be a No.

What do I need to get on a plane by myself? I guess I don't need to pack massive amounts of snacks to keep kids happy... And I don't need to plan lots of activities to keep restless kids content... I don't even need my arsenal of pharmaceuticals to cover any potential illness from a simple cold to anthrax exposure... I guess all I need to carry on is a book and my iPod. I just don't know how to pack like that anymore...

I hope that I can do this!

LeeAnn

1 comment:

Llama Momma said...

I had a similar experience the last time I flew alone! And thinking back on pre-kids trips, I remembered that I used to carry a backpack. What on earth did I put in that backpack? Now a small purse is fine. Like you, a book and an ipod is all I really need. :-)

Have fun!