Thursday, January 3, 2008

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up...

Well, it finally happened- I had a LeeAnn story at Disneyland today. In Disneyland's California Adventure to be exact. Not only was it a story but it was something totally dumb too...

The kids had just gotten off Mulholland Madness- a mouse trap type roller coaster and wanted to browse in the Route 66 shop next door, so I went over to sit on a low, wide railing while I waited for them.

I sat down and somehow (I still haven't quite figured out why or how) fell backwards into a semi-landscaped area. I managed to fall straight back and landed flat on my back- knocking the wind out of myself upon impact. Evidently, as I fell, the large gold Mickey medallion on my pin lanyard hit a large metal pole making a loud noise- causing the total strangers around me to think that I had hit my head. And hit it hard!

So as I am laying on the ground unable to talk for the first minute or so, they all think I'm really hurt and are telling me not to move, that they're calling for help etc. In the meantime, I'm just trying to get my breath back to say that I'm really OK...

Of course as this is happening- the crowd around me is continuing to grow. So not only have I demonstrated how totally clumsy I am, but now I have an audience as well!

After a couple of minutes or so (which felt like forever), I managed to get my backpack off, get myself up off the ground, and climb back over the railing. After managing to convince the bystanders (who really were very kind, and were honestly concerned) that I did not hit my head on anything (and having visions of being hauled out on a stretcher against my will) we moved away from the area before I could cause any more commotion...

We finished off our day in the park, and made it back to our hotel by 6:30... I'm none the worse for the wear- except for the fact that my back is a little sore, I think I managed to pull a muscle when I fell...

Oh and I may be getting this for Christmas next year...

No comments: