Monday, December 24, 2007

Of Rudolph and radar...


All I know about NORAD, I learned from this 80's classic. Evidently the fall of the iron curtain and the end of the cold war must have freed up their resources a little, because now (instead of just monitoring US and Canadian airspace) they also watch for Santa.


This is actually of on my favorite websites. Check out NORAD's Santa Watch if you haven't already. You can track Santa's progress today as he travels on his annual holiday journey. My favorite feature is that, no matter where you live, Santa always manages to show up on the radar where you live right around bedtime (thus encouraging the kiddies to get in bed and go to sleep so that he doesn't have to 'fly over'). As I write this post, he is currently over Madagascar...


So if you have excited little ones waiting for Santa tonight- take a swing by NORAD's site. I promise that your visit there won't end in a stalemate game of tic tac toe...

No comments: