Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The return of Harry Potter...


So I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday. I have to admit, I've had an on-again-off-again love affair with these books... I started off reading the series as the books were published, and enjoyed them. Then I started burning out a little as the themes got darker. I stopped reading sometime around the middle of the series, but after hearing all the buzz about the latest, and final book, I decided to jump back in... I worried that I wouldn't get the storyline, since I missed quite a bit, but I managed to get the gist of it all.


It was a very satisfying read. I won't say too much, in case you're one of the 5 people left on the planet who haven't read it yet. I will say however, be prepared to build some muscles just holding the book up. I actually weighed in on my kitchen scale- it came in at a hefty 1.8 pounds. That's a lot for a book!


So anyway- now it's back to the stack on my nightstand. I had high hopes of putting a dent in the pile this summer, but it's been way too busy. Thank goodness the kids go back to school next week- maybe I'll finally get some reading done!

No comments: