Sunday, July 22, 2007

Two birds killed...

Yesterday I said that I was going to kill two birds with one stone by sorting through 5 boxes of VHS tapes while checking another title off my 'movies to watch' list.

The birds are dead. Here's how it all panned out...

As far as the movie is concerned, I watched The Queen starring Helen Mirren. It is an absolutely great movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

While watching the film, I sorted through 5 boxes of old VHS tapes. I ended up with two boxes of random tapes to recycle (tapes that we have recorded various shows etc on) and three boxes for my friend, M, to sell at a library sale. Out of all 5 boxes of tapes, I saved only 8 as momentos of my kids' childhoods...

For Teenage Daughter, I saved "A Fantasy Garden Ballet Class 2", Japanese Lyric Language, and Kathie Lee's Rock n' Tot's Cafe- Kathie Lee's Big Surprise...

I saved Bananas in Pajamas- Cuddles Avenue and Mary Rice Hopkins- Uniquely Me for Teenage Son. I could also have saved any of the Thomas the Tank Engine tapes, but those are readily available on DVD, so I don't need to save the tapes... Of course he wouldn't be caught dead watching either of these titles now, but someday he will wax nostalgic and he'll thank me for saving them. Or not.

Young Son's saved titles are Muppet Sing Alongs- Billy Bunny's Animal Songs, Wee Sing Train, and Donut Hole 2.

J has been wanting me to do this for years, so I feel pretty good about getting those all sorted through. Next I have to tackle all the art work, papers from school etc...

I think I'll need a longer movie.

No comments: