Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The return of the kids...

The kids are returning today from their two week visit at my parent's home in Idaho... This is an annual summertime event- they get to experience life in a small town, while J and I get to experience two weeks with no kids. When people hear that my kids are gone, they frequently ask "Do you miss them?" It's a silly question, because really- the answer is obvious...

No.

Not only do I not miss them, I don't even feel guilty about it. After all, the kids are having a great time and I talk to them every day- sometimes multiple times every day. Even when J and I have managed to use our two weeks of freedom to travel, we keep in touch by phone and email.

So no, I do not miss them. Not until I get to the airport to pick them up that is. But, while I'm waiting for them at the gate- it hits me every time...

And I can't wait to have them home again.

No comments: