Friday, June 1, 2007

Argh! Thar' be dead people in them thar' boats...

I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean- At World's End tonight with my friend L and a total of 8 kids (it was her son, J's 11th birthday party- happy birthday J!). In spite of the lackluster reviews, we both thoroughly enjoyed the movie and agreed that, by far, of all three 'Pirates' movies- this plot was the easiest to follow. I had to watch the two previous Pirates movies a couple times apiece to really understand the story. Not to mention, Johnny Depp's speech- he always sounds 'slushy' when he talks as Captain Jack Sparrow. I want to send him to speech therapy to improve his diction! I guess I wasn't the only one who thought so, because in this movie he was much easier to understand... Anyway- I won't give anything away, in case you haven't seen the movie yet- but if you haven't heard, stay until the end of the credits...

As we exited the movie with our gang of kids in tow, I noticed that they had a 10:30 showing. Now since our showing started at 7:30 and we got out 3 hours later- we figured the later showing is going to get out at 1:30 am. My first thought was 'who in their right mind is going to stay up that late- I'd fall asleep in the theater!' My immediate next thought was ' Wow! I really am getting old!

How sad is it that I think going to a 10:30 showing is insane?!!